demolition hammer or rotary

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
looking at tools for hacking off and wondered is it worth buying a dedicated hammer or is a rotary hammer drill enough for render

Definately a chipping hammer. Rotary would be impossible when your using a wide ended chisel. Plus chipping hammers have the bit of extra weight that helps so your not havin to constantly push hard. Got a Bosch one off fleabay and it's payed for itself 10 times over. Awesome piece of kit! Really fast!

I would definately go for a dedicated power scraper.They are light enough to use all day and seem to go on forever. The rotary SDS drill/chisels will burn out in no time and the demolition hammers, while very powerfull, will have your arms droppin off after 20 mins. I use the Makita HK1800 ;)

i use the B and Q ones they do both... are only £39.99 with 1 year gaurantee... last job i did i went through 3 of them and they replaced every one with no quibbles...

I read that the hammers have a longer bore stroke and more power cos the rotary drills have more bits inside em so are less efficiant at hacking off

Used a 5 kilo cheapo rotary today and a 7 kilo Bosch proper breaker, no comparison the Bosch all day long, the cheap rotarys are worth having for small jobs but anything big hire the right tool and price it in the job.
Lucius

Was working in Manchester last week going to Spain tomorrow for 12 days to bring the wife and dog back going to stay here for a while till things pick up in Spain if it ever does.
Lucius

Was working in the Jewish area Prestwych i think it was called it was for a mate of mine who used to work for me in Spain but no dont generaly work outside London had enough of that years ago its just the way its been lately.
Lucius

so you guys think a normal makita sds or a ryobi breaker is no good for taking off tuff render? adn that this Makita HK1800 is better than a standered breaker?

Looka alright though as i said earlier i aways hire them and price it in that kind of kit always seems to get nicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.