1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

damp treatment process?

Discussion in 'Damp And Damp Proofing Discussions' started by legepe, Jan 13, 2017.

1. vfr12

vfr12 Private Member

Who said anything about French drain? f**k that! Cheap as chips and still can redirect the water:D
    IMG_1545.JPG

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

I've sent a request to someone who knew him asked for the evidence with today's paper next to a live game on telly so I know it's genuine ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Orangemachineman

Orangemachineman Well-Known Member

Right let's see some pictures of your work then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. gps

gps Private Member

Which will prove what exactly ? And is relevant how ?

5. Orangemachineman

You have a big opinion on a lot of subjects on here.
    Let's see what your about and show us some jobs you have done?

6. vfr12

vfr12 Private Member

Yeah, the cashier for instance. You have done her, right gps ?:D

7. gps

gps Private Member

Lol, curiosity got the better of me and have been back in there but she has not, luckily I guess.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gps

gps Private Member

Absolutely and that's because it's a public forum where we can all voice opinion, how boring would it be if everyone agreed, if something doesn't sound or look right I'll question it. The likes of you and the Irish fella who are let's say very vanilla/boring can block me or quite frankly just jog on.

If I post pictures up I would have the copy and paste police aka @flynnyman all over with me with all sorts of false allegations

9. Orangemachineman

I doubt I'm boring!!
    I wouldn't block you either
    Didn't think you would want to put pictures on.that old chestnut catches the chancers out everytime.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. gps

gps Private Member

Damn you got me

11. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Unless it's took with today's paper and a cat in the background I will call it fake :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Arti

Arti Private Member

How can you tell what date it us with the cat?

13. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

They are harder to photoshop than dogs ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Photoshopped pussies can be misleading.......:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. legepe

legepe New Member

Hi everyone...

Seemed my original post got a bit silly in the end...!

Anyway... I finished the job a few weeks ago..

I tanked everything then applied thistle dri coat to half of the walls and moisture resistant plaster boards to the rest... then skimmed over...

The walls seem to be fine... however, I have damp coming through on a certain part of the floor... see pics..

The tanking slurry i used was ( febtank super ) after this, I then used a mix of sbr and concrete on the part where its wet

There is still a problem with water coming through and it seems quite bad

Im guessing that the outside there is a mains water pipe running along the side of the building but it would be quite deep (could the problem be this?)

Anyone got any good suggestions on what I can do????

Thanks

legepe

Attached Files:

16. vfr12

vfr12 Private Member

Close the door on the way out!
    :hola:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jenniferslauth

Jenniferslauth New Member

You would be best using a damp proof membrane on those walls. I have done the same at one my project.

• Like Like x 1
  18. k2lu

k2lu New Member

19. k2lu

k2lu New Member

I have a condensation issue on one wall. I'm going to take plaster off to half way up. Then what is best to go back on as mentioned on other posts got no rising damp and bricks are dry.

20. Jessica222

Jessica222 New Member

The main thing is to have a periodical inspection of your property. In order to prevent dampness and potential moisture problems, you must hire professionals who can carefully inspect your property and find out moisture issues.
    There should be a good ventilation system in your home. Moreover, if your home is having a chimney, get a chimney cap installation services because the rain and snow enter in home through unsealed chimneys and create moisture issues.

21. gps

gps Private Member

All homes have good ventilation systems, they are called windows however some mainly tenants choose not to use them

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

We had damp issues and it was because the property was sooo cold and the heating sooo inefficient that opening a window seemed silly.... (it was rented property)

Oddly when we bought the place and improve the heating no more damp :D

23. beader

beader Private Member

[​IMG]Is this a flip flop or a sandal?

• Funny Funny x 4
  24. gps

gps Private Member

Flip flop in my book

25. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

flip flop or a thong for out ozzy followers

26. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

It's a flip flip, it's what you buy someone with two left feet.

27. beader

beader Private Member

Yes i remember the flip flip. they did not sell many and they became the flop flop.:)

• Funny Funny x 4
  28. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Wasn't that uni? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. irish_spread

irish_spread Private Member

I think you'll find gandhis 'footwear' was badly affected by rising damp during the monsoon season , so you're all wrong

• Funny Funny x 1