Damp on ceiling in loft bedroom conversion

Yasmine0777

Hi everyone,

I’ve got damp patches on the ceiling in our loft conversion bedroom. I can’t see any signs of damp anywhere else apart from this particular area on the ceiling. The wall feels wet to the touch where it meets the ceiling. We’ve checked in the hatch area above the loft and can’t see any signs of a leak. This has been as issue for many years now. The wall feels dry in the summer but the patches on the ceiling are still there. We’ve checked the roof and the tiles all look to be in good condition.Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this please? Is it just condensation? But then why would it only affect this particular area of the room and no where else?!! We tried painting this wall a while ago with lick paint which I believe is a pretty decent brand but it all just peeled off the wall. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1868.jpeg
    IMG_1868.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1870.jpeg
    IMG_1870.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
It looks like water penetration. Ceiling looks in poor condition. Condensation always goes to the coldest place in the room. The roof and the wall on the external needs checking again.

It looks like water penetration. Ceiling looks in poor condition. Condensation always goes to the coldest place in the room. The roof and the wall on the external needs checking again.
Thanks for your advice. I really don’t think any waters coming in from outside though, I checked in the hatch above the loft today and saw no evidence of any water leaking and it had just been raining. These patches have been visible for the entire time I’ve been in the house (around 10+ years) so surely if it was water coming in there would be more damage than that by now?

Hi everyone,

I’ve got damp patches on the ceiling in our loft conversion bedroom. I can’t see any signs of damp anywhere else apart from this particular area on the ceiling. The wall feels wet to the touch where it meets the ceiling. We’ve checked in the hatch area above the loft and can’t see any signs of a leak. This has been as issue for many years now. The wall feels dry in the summer but the patches on the ceiling are still there. We’ve checked the roof and the tiles all look to be in good condition.Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this please? Is it just condensation? But then why would it only affect this particular area of the room and no where else?!! We tried painting this wall a while ago with lick paint which I believe is a pretty decent brand but it all just peeled off the wall. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
@10 year+ old loft conversion any building regs sign off paperwork

Poor work @ thermal bridging .
The end …