Course

JordanP

I am starting my second year of plastering course I couldn't find a employer to get an nvq I am doing level 2 Diploma In plastering. Any advice looking to get in full time in the future.

Write to your nearest BIG plastering company, make sure you appear willing and able, especially if they are a distance from you. Turn up, even if it is a considerable effort. Work hard when given the chance.
Remember to walk before you run.
Good luck and all the best.
Dropsalot.

Switch to the plumbing or sparky course is the best advice i would give
Pffft...grass is always greener, the plumbers and sparks will be saying do a plastering course....my dad was a heating engineer for 40 years and told me he always wished he trained to be a plasterer, said the worry of gas/water leaks gave him sleepless nights for his whole career

Pffft...grass is always greener, the plumbers and sparks will be saying do a plastering course....my dad was a heating engineer for 40 years and told me he always wished he trained to be a plasterer, said the worry of gas/water leaks gave him sleepless nights for his whole career
All my mates that are in the building game want to do some thing else in the building game. But we where drinking one night and between us all there we could build a house. We where saying what trade we would have liked to do instead of the trade we have. Not one said plastering. Then I said no one wants to plaster we all started laughing. My mate a Carpenter said u can't even stop for lunch when you want when you plaster f**k that. At the end of the day any wet trade is a s**t trade let's be honest.

All my mates that are in the building game want to do some thing else in the building game. But we where drinking one night and between us all there we could build a house. We where saying what trade we would have liked to do instead of the trade we have. Not one said plastering. Then I said no one wants to plaster we all started laughing. My mate a Carpenter said u can't even stop for lunch when you want when you plaster f**k that. At the end of the day any wet trade is a s**t trade let's be honest.
I dont eat lunch so not a problem, a set has a pretty predictable timescale so just plan accordingly:)