Contracts / Tenders

CatRob78

Hi everyone, would like a bit of advice, I've got a small decorating and plastering company, up here in Scotland. I would like to know how to get contracts from construction companies. I've done a lot of meetings with some small business owners, but I think with it just being a female company, no one is getting back to me.

Email construction companies but be prepared to wait 30-90 days for payment not trying to put you off make sure you set a payment plan up and make sure whoever you employ is going to put the metres on because most is price work good luck

Hi everyone, would like a bit of advice, I've got a small decorating and plastering company, up here in Scotland. I would like to know how to get contracts from construction companies. I've done a lot of meetings with some small business owners, but I think with it just being a female company, no one is getting back to me.

Contract and tender work really is a numbers game. You may drop lucky and get one early on, but more usually it takes a while especially to get the first. A track record of on time on budget delivery is a big factor for most companies, but you have to get some to develop a record.

Contacts can be a help as people like the familiar, but again that takes time.

I doubt it's because of being a female company, it's more a case of keep plugging away at it until you get a break.

Build up your contacts list, start small works and the rest follows, as said it's about having a good track record, and build up your cash flow within your business.
I find most local authority work /tendering requires Chas registration now.
Most tenders are tosh mind as the contractor will have a preferred contractor already there just using you as a yard stick.

From my experience working for large construction companies is not worth the hassle unless you have a good few bodies behind you and plenty of cash in the bank to be able to lay out wages for a few months at a time. I tried it and never had the fore mentioned and struggled badly, your better off sticking to domestic stuff. Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

What's the bwst way to send your rates over, just on a spreadsheet?

Also is around £14 a meter board and skim OK?
And I'm nit talking about sub contracting before everyone questions rates etc I'm on about the plastering contractor

Also could I ask when people price for a room say over 2.4m high do they so for example 2.7m high would they charge the 300mm as a linea meter? I have 4 plots to price for a new contractor tomorrow but he wants a list of rates 1st

Cheers

Also could I ask when people price for a room say over 2.4m high do they so for example 2.7m high would they charge the 300mm as a linea meter? I have 4 plots to price for a new contractor tomorrow but he wants a list of rates 1st

Cheers

no, the extra 300mm is not a line metre. just charge a higher metre rate for the extra hight. don't miss the narrow margins, some firms qs will want to remeasure before they will pay your bill.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office