coloured clay plaster...no need to paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i am mate but you guys bombarded me with question too soon, had to reply be rude not too and no im not pushing product will let you know when Danny and i sort it out...:RpS_thumbup:

Sounds like a dream material to me,comes in bags already knocked up hangs about but can still be finished book me on a course Clayman Walcrete is finished.

comes dry in a bag mix with binder and colour just add water lol :) then it hangs around till you can be arsed to put it up then it gets finished :RpS_thumbsup: how many days courses are we booking in lucius :RpS_crying: ??

comes dry in a bag mix with binder and colour just add water lol :) then it hangs around till you can be arsed to put it up then it gets finished :RpS_thumbsup: how many days courses are we booking in lucius :RpS_crying: ??

DAYS....DAYS...........surely only an afternoon?

come on give me a break a man has to earn a living 5 kids all at private school and my porshe guzzles juice like you wouldnt believe :RpS_crying: lol but seeing its you we can squeeze it in about an hour, but its the same price.

come on give me a break a man has to earn a living 5 kids all at private school and my porshe guzzles juice like you wouldnt believe :RpS_crying: lol but seeing its you we can squeeze it in about an hour, but its the same price.
Which is? sorry i never looked when i looked at your site earlier on.

what would you say is a fair price for learning a different product application, lunch and product included...had a long chat with Danny earlier he is going to put a new section up :RpS_thumbup:

i like to give as much area i.e room sets as i can there is a company who i mentioned earlier who get plasterers round a table and use boards on a table geeeezzzzzz how the hell can you get a handle on new product if you're not laying up ceilings and awkward areas.

but a plasterers would use about £80-100 of product give or take, on a two day course... oh and some manky sandwiches.

im intreaged how do you sneak up on herons lol i never get close enough before they fly off dam :RpS_cursing:

LOL, it's a bit of an art actually..............I can fit you in one one of MY courses if you like :rolleyes)

what would you say is a fair price for learning a different product application, lunch and product included...had a long chat with Danny earlier he is going to put a new section up :RpS_thumbup:
I have dealt with Weber courses a few times now and that cost me nothing ,but after years of a good relationship ,i only use them , if it,s good it sells itself

hey bud sounds more interesting than putting clay up :RpS_lol: how much are you sneaking up classes! and do they include heron sandwiches? lol

internally with exception in bathrooms and kithens where you have to keep it away from constant water saturation but looks really different to most product and has a place to those who want it.

i have spent many weekends and days doing classes for free with all costs absorbed by me because of my passion and wanting to reach out to fellow spreads but now i have to start being realistic.

Where do you get your Japanese trowels from? Can't find a source in the UK that sells the bigger ones.

its different to multi in the fact it doesnt set in 1-2 hours you have all day if you want it has a mechanical set i.e. with a plastic trowel similar to when plasterers over polishes, plaster also it has a natural colour this is mixed in with the clay.

people choose this because its different to multi and paint its all done with one application and you the plasterer do this, designers love this product because it just looks different and clients love the fact its not mainstream and dont mind paying the extra.

Hi yes it has taken me two years to find a Japanese company who are willing to sell direct, i believe we are the best value in the world unless you know different, i have plasterer bring their trowels and say they prefer to use them, i say ok then let them try out a Japanese trowel and they are sold. i use them on occational setting job they remove lines without effort. the largest poly and stainless ones we do are 300mm

omg how scary is that! they wasnt the best of students but i think they will get the hang of it, will this type of plastering take off?

PICS charge around bullseye plus £23 for Warriours dinner, dont ask Kebab as it will be substantialy more plus toilet paper.

First of all WHY???
Everyones goin eco friendly with all this natural shite. It may be good on conservation/listed heritage work but so is lime plaster and paint. Why would you use this over new modern plasters. If you add pigment to knauf finish you can say you dont need to paint and if applied correctly will look exactly the same and you only pay a fiver a bag as opposed to £100. Knauf plaster can be sealed with a breathable sealer and even waxed and polished. I have recently tried some knauf airless this is readymixed and it has the finest particles much like lime putty.
The industry spends billions each year developing new polymers, sealers, pigments, fillers, binders etc so why go back to the stone age, its like gion into pc world and comin out with a zx spectrum.

Also if this product takes in moisture then it must be very porous and vulnerable to dirt and grease so it wont be long before you paint over it anyway.

I personally dont think this is a mass market product, it may make a few people a couple o quid but thats it.

First of all WHY???
Everyones goin eco friendly with all this natural shite. It may be good on conservation/listed heritage work but so is lime plaster and paint. Why would you use this over new modern plasters. If you add pigment to knauf finish you can say you dont need to paint and if applied correctly will look exactly the same and you only pay a fiver a bag as opposed to £100. Knauf plaster can be sealed with a breathable sealer and even waxed and polished. I have recently tried some knauf airless this is readymixed and it has the finest particles much like lime putty.
The industry spends billions each year developing new polymers, sealers, pigments, fillers, binders etc so why go back to the stone age, its like gion into pc world and comin out with a zx spectrum.

Also if this product takes in moisture then it must be very porous and vulnerable to dirt and grease so it wont be long before you paint over it anyway.

I personally dont think this is a mass market product, it may make a few people a couple o quid but thats it.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Clay plaster is nothing new it’s just being refined as your Knauf plasters and maybe you have stumbled on something with adding colour to Knauf plaster?
Clay plaster has been around for thousands of years it has been an integral part of building history because of its hygroscopic properties it breaths allowing moisture and temperature buffering
Each plaster has its own qualities pro’s and con’s one of clays properties is its ability to be repaired because it has no chemicals VOC free and relies on mechanical set rather than chemical set, I have noticed on a few threads spreads have tried adding colour to Knauf plasters but with many problems such as starring and colour consistency to name a few.
I have said in various posts this is not for everyone especially those who don’t accept an alternative plastering product we are seeing a resurgence in clay plasters as Architect are seeing the damage cement based renders have caused not allowing buildings to breath causing timbers to rot this is the case on interiors we are all using plastic double glazed windows and sealing the walls with modern plasters so walls can’t breath and allow moisture to buffer hence mould problems especially in tower blocks.
The clay plaster industry is a multi-million pound industry around the world and has its place amongst other plasters and true its more aimed at heritage and conservation but there is also a place as an alternative plaster finish, you just need to have a different mind set.
Thank you for your comments and I’m happy with my zx spectrum :rolleyes)

I done a couple of days with Paul (ClayPlasterMan) before I went to France to use some French clay plaster. Pauls a good spread knows his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.