CLEANING TROWELS

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is ther such thing as tight coating when aimes taping? It usualy has to go on quite proud to be sanded. 2 OR 3 coats i believe? Could be wrong as i don't tape :p

Not neccessarily use it for just taping when i was working for a large plastering firm sometimes we had to go back and snag areas where people had hit walls or the plastering was a bit rough, normally a painters job but with counter charging and rententions we had to go back onto jobs and aimes was perfect for the job

this was really tight mate almost grinded on ................a tight coats a really thin coat mate dont read into it too hard, you could say give an artex ceiling a tight coat of bonding but it could still be 4-5mm ...youre just getting it on as thin as poss so it would be a tight coat
i think what nicksey means by tight is to put the least on to even out the suface,so fill out to the proudest part ,you havnt got to cover it all ,just get to level,(smack me if im wrong nicks).

I used to clean my trowel along time ago just lost the passion for a clean trowel maybe one day it might come back who knows probably when i got too much spare time on my hands, I remember i was working on a job years ago i was cleaning my trowel and the builder i was working for came in and starting having ago at me about cleaning my trowel in his time and i came out with the spill it was part of the job if i didnt clean my trowel the job wouldnt be very good and he agreed i was right and after that he never bothered me about cleaning my trowel in his time :)

good for u bod

these pr!cks think they know it all :mad:

yeah.... i try to keep my trowels as clean as possible, but most of them are covered in plaster. but the one thing i do clean is the handles, ive seen some spreads trowels and the handles are covered in dried plaster.

yeah.... i try to keep my trowels as clean as possible, but most of them are covered in plaster. but the one thing i do clean is the handles, ive seen some spreads trowels and the handles are covered in dried plaster.

Theres no way I can plaster when theres some on the handles, either trowel or hawk, wet or dry. I always have some of those cheap sponge scourers from rasda or strescos, in mi water bucket.

Dirty toolage, no way. :D

my handles so dirty its got grooves in it for my fingers ;D

my handles so dirty its got grooves in it for my fingers  ;D

Sort of a custom fit ;), Am cringing really, I really dont like dirty tools, its not an OCD thing or owt, am just so set in mi ways, a can have a hawk full of plaster I,ll throw in back on spot to clean plaster off handles and hands if they get a hit. ;D

handle with dried plaster is knightmare i had to pick sum off! now make sure i always wipe it while its wet :)

if u put your marshall town trowel in brick acid the alloy will eat away ...DO NOT DO THIS.......scrape it off , or clean as u go...and a wire brush on the durasoft handle

i just leave my trowel in a bucket of water overnight then just rub wi some fine sandpaper comes out like new everytime

i always clean mine after every job ASAP.... sooner you do it the easier it is.... lots of clean water and soft sand paper does the trick everytime ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.