Clay Plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Paul, been to abq,know Croft. Actually did a very large home in Santa Fe with Rivesto marmorino.havent seen the French product yet but interested.will it be like tadlakt? Love it out there in New Mexico

They are using a Tierre de Selene which has been branded Deco Tierre for the European market i know they are French but its to distinguish French and European kinda like trade and retail so they know where their product is going? Yes the Tieere de Selene is made up from Clay, Lime and natural Gypsum so it has all the combined qualities also has a coarse aggregate, they do a nice line of product and can alter their product to your needs.

Hi there .
i had a go with American clay plaster in New Zealand .
we were getting geared up to do an earth clay brick house with it as well but it didn't happen in the end .
Had a days course on it . Found it a little strange but came out alright .
I. Found the getting the head around it and how it works hard ... But then we were armour coat applicators as well .

Mabye Paul could tease you in the direction of shikkui now? Eh Paul? That's the way to go:RpS_thumbup: welcome to the forum mate,, first post in the clay section:-0!!! You may never get out:RpS_lol:

Holyshit balls he's crossing to the dark side on his 1st post.............."Help me obe one kanobi,Your my only hope"

welcome to the forum spreader......................:RpS_thumbup:

Hi there .
i had a go with American clay plaster in New Zealand .
we were getting geared up to do an earth clay brick house with it as well but it didn't happen in the end .
Had a days course on it . Found it a little strange but came out alright .
I. Found the getting the head around it and how it works hard ... But then we were armour coat applicators as well .

Hows it going spreader my old Mate welcome to the forum :RpS_thumbsup:

Do you you know Earth Designs, Mt Maunganui, Bay of Plenty in NZ? i was speaking to him a while back cant remember his name. Yes thats why i have workshops on clay application it is easy but you just need a couple of days being shown how to use it, i have 10 large room sets where guys can get to grips with it, mixing colours, compression just general do's and don'ts as you've found out.
Used to have lots of chairs in the workshop but my mate keeps breaking them, RWS do you know him :rolleyes)

Yes ive introduced Shikkui lime plaster now as a harder alternative to the clay but having a lot of testing with colours cause lime has very high alkilinity so it bleaches and brightens pigments as you know but almost there, the interest from designers and architects is very good, do you guys do the squash courts in Armourcoat? i was asked back in 2008 while i was in the states if i fancied doing them, going all over the place good money but always on the move from one end of the country to the other.

You can look at the www.shikkuiplaster.com if this interest you guys great range of versatile products you'll see more on here about it soon, enjoy the forum and get stuck in with the banter its good to have spreads from different countries sharing thier experiences and troubles.

hmmm a Reading boy huh, me too (CoughsWhitleyCoughs) how much are the workshops for this clay stuff ?, and is there much call for it in the Reading area ?

Hello Mr Moran i thought you boys were commercial? nothing wrong with Whitley mate some nice parts :RpS_scared: Ricky Gervais territory and look where he is now lol.

We are doing a March special offer where we do a two day workshop and introduce a half day workshop of Shikkui plaster then if you like the gear which i'm sure you will, then we will do a follow up one day workshop on Shikkui plaster. give us a bell if you want to chat. 07580 331311 Paul.

And is there much call for it, well its all about promoting yourself, like any new product if you dont tell your customers, do sample boards etc how are they supposed to know? Had a couple of lads before Christmas from here, came through the workshop then took the pair on site it paid for their Christmas and got their workshop fees back plus they got a set of thrown trowels in, customer was well happy now we have a large 4 bed house in Bath and they want Shikkui plaster throughout. Again like a lot of new ideas if you if you get in first and get going your already ahead of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.