Can you plaster over recent plaster?

mikeds

I am an absolute beginner. I watched one of the youtube videos, and thought, oh I can do this.
Now all those videos tell you how to do it, not how to fix it if you do something wrong.

I didn't realise plaster activates so quickly, I was tidy in one corner, and soon whole batch started going hard so I rushed the first coat. The second coat I made too thin thinking it would last longer, it didn't. On top of everything, instead of practicing on small wall, I started with a ceiling, and did the work in the evening so could not see tiny imperfections. Overall, half the ceiling looks fine, but the other half is a mess.

Plaster is now 2nd day drying, half of it is smooth, but the other half has tiny scratches and holes, large bulge and a stain.
How do I fix this?

Do I mix smaller amount and patch holes and sand the bulges? Or should I apply too coats of plaster when this one dries up (and should I prime it with PVA)?

Attachments

• 0-02-0a-71a1776f54699bf3c31020ebebaedfc391298ba006615302850a32fbc261e47c_5942a5e4bf926ae9.jpg
    0-02-0a-71a1776f54699bf3c31020ebebaedfc391298ba006615302850a32fbc261e47c_5942a5e4bf926ae9.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 0-02-0a-a5cb806003b2d262ce96793dcdd0a6eb98df0a5ac24919b451af3f18d1bf4e6f_de4bf685c7ee7b51.jpg
    0-02-0a-a5cb806003b2d262ce96793dcdd0a6eb98df0a5ac24919b451af3f18d1bf4e6f_de4bf685c7ee7b51.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 96
What's your time worth?

Work out your wages for the week at least that it's going to take you to faff about caapering yourself and add the cost of the wasted materials.

Get a quote and subtract that from your sub total.

If you are left with a positive number then you know what to do.

I am an absolute beginner. I watched one of the youtube videos, and thought, oh I can do this.
Now all those videos tell you how to do it, not how to fix it if you do something wrong.

I didn't realise plaster activates so quickly, I was tidy in one corner, and soon whole batch started going hard so I rushed the first coat. The second coat I made too thin thinking it would last longer, it didn't. On top of everything, instead of practicing on small wall, I started with a ceiling, and did the work in the evening so could not see tiny imperfections. Overall, half the ceiling looks fine, but the other half is a mess.

Plaster is now 2nd day drying, half of it is smooth, but the other half has tiny scratches and holes, large bulge and a stain.
How do I fix this?

Do I mix smaller amount and patch holes and sand the bulges? Or should I apply too coats of plaster when this one dries up (and should I prime it with PVA)?
Give it a light sand and give it a very thin coat of paint. then you will see what needs filled, buy some easy fill 60, fill the bad bits, sand the filler and paint it.
Good luck
S&P

Give it a light sand and give it a very thin coat of paint. then you will see what needs filled, buy some easy fill 60, fill the bad bits, sand the filler and paint it.
Good luck
S&P
Even op knows it is shite —- That-work is beyond any filler .

The end

How do I fix this?

I've got news for you pal...utube videos can't tell you how to fkin do it either.....that fkin shitshow is proof of that