Building Regs for fire breaks

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the script with this in england ?
We need to use a 200-300mm rip fire break on EPS board for scottish building Regs.
Also fire pins :RpS_crying: at 90 quid a box

Hi,
The BBA will refer you BRE 135 which is a recommendation. Usually fire breaks are required on multi storey buildings, and consist of 200mm Lamella board fully bonded with stainless pins, these are installed on the floor slab in a continuous band.However local building control or the fire officer can insist on vertical fire breaks installed on the party wall. Always ask, we have a project in Scotland and the contractor was unaware.
Hope this helps...

as Cornelius says above

on communal buildings its a must where flats have numerous tennants.

every floor zone horizotally without break and any party walls vertically without break.

think the regs change on buildings over 18m tall then you will usully find the insulation will be wool rather than eps throughout.

if its a cavity rail system over timber frame then the detail is alot of work - the lamella will be mounted on a class0 board with intumiscent strip on the rear. fit the board first via shims or blocks then mount the lammella fully wrapped in mesh/base. a pain in the backside if your not getting paid for the detail and potentially disastrous if not done exactly spot on to spec...

goes to show really with all the low pay and corner cutting weather a clamp down and better regulation is needed. imagine a towering inferno on a building with a poorly fitted detail because the contractor wouldnt pay the linear rates ? crazy times we live in construction.

as Cornelius says above

on communal buildings its a must where flats have numerous tennants.

every floor zone horizotally without break and any party walls vertically without break.

think the regs change on buildings over 18m tall then you will usully find the insulation will be wool rather than eps throughout.

if its a cavity rail system over timber frame then the detail is alot of work - the lamella will be mounted on a class0 board with intumiscent strip on the rear. fit the board first via shims or blocks then mount the lammella fully wrapped in mesh/base. a pain in the backside if your not getting paid for the detail and potentially disastrous if not done exactly spot on to spec...

goes to show really with all the low pay and corner cutting weather a clamp down and better regulation is needed. imagine a towering inferno on a building with a poorly fitted detail because the contractor wouldnt pay the linear rates ? crazy times we live in construction.

Mate you wouldnt have product name or drawing of that product. Pricing a timber frame next month. Be good to fully understand the product and installation

The drawing detail will be available from any manufacturer. I think I do have one I can send u the link.

If you use Ewi cavity rail system with eps you will need fire break detail on a big building.

If its a single dwelling you won't.

If its a render onto board only obviously the fire barrier will be in the subframe by others.

Is the rail system your doing pal ?

Send me your email add

The drawing detail will be available from any manufacturer. I think I do have one I can send u the link.

If you use Ewi cavity rail system with eps you will need fire break detail on a big building.

If its a single dwelling you won't.

If its a render onto board only obviously the fire barrier will be in the subframe by others.

Is the rail system your doing pal ?

Send me your email add

I havent been told what system. Whether its insulated or what yet..just in 4 weeks times there will be drawings ready for me

dan.larder@gmail.com

Thanks mate

Right it will more likely be batten board with direct render (insulation in the frame)

The rail system is more rare these days as major questions hang over its thermal qualities.

I will send u spec for fire break on the rail system all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.