1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Builder buckets

Discussion in 'General Discussions On Plastering' started by Vincey, May 2, 2017.

1. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

Anyone recommend any from anywhere?
    Usually get the three packet deal from crappy screwfix tbh I do like the flat bit on the rim but see P1ss got them black putz ones was thinking should I give um a try but also noticed ox seem to have upped there game in the bucket department with these indestructible blue things

2. Simon85

Simon85 Well-Known Member

I have decent yellow ones they for 3.95 or 4.95 each, says heavy duty on the inside of them at the bottom, no. Idea what make they are. We used to get green buckets they were quite thick, but there was a flexi thing to them, nearly like a hard rubber, than plastic. Didn't burst, and easy cleaned out coz u could just squeeze them. Haven't seen them in a while though.

3. roryston

roryston Well-Known Member

Ox blues. I buy 5 a time from a local toolshop for £20 they last me a good 4 months a time of constant abuse from sand cement work. Still going strong. Ive got 8 left out of 10 I bought in September/October.

Although a little battered no holes, or cracks.

4. Fatarm

Fatarm Trainee mod

The p1ss ones are mighty tuff Vincey...(y)
    Bit like yourself:musculoso:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Maester

Maester Active Member

The orange ones from B and Q are good. Only a pound.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. smoother09

smoother09 Private Member

I saw some in lidl other day didnt buy but they looked half decent didnt even notice price but i did have my head up my arse as i really didnt want to be there but bitches get there own way!!..... good job she dont look on here :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

Mate I'm a seasoned pro

In buckets, I'm not stupid

8. Maester

Maester Active Member

:rolleyes::endesacuerdo:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PlasterCraftDundee

PlasterCraftDundee Well-Known Member

I have the Putz ones, they are solid and actually lighter than expected. I bought them mainly for dashing but the design of them isn't great for holding and dashing at the same time so not really used them much.

10. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

The 13ltr putz buckets are the best I've used very hard wearing and decent handles that don't fall apart

11. Natwasere

Natwasere Well-Known Member

I will not buy them poxy things, look at them and they break and you can only look at them because the handle falls off straight away. Really trust that full of water upstairs :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I use to buy a couple of buckets from wickes and then bin them off... never found any good ones... so a few quid here and there along the way it was ok

13. Gibbo

Gibbo Private Member

Screenshot_20170502-184420.png

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tomasz

Tomasz Member

Yes so hard to find good buckets .

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Maester

Maester Active Member

It's that subtle you wouldn't even know.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fatarm

Fatarm Trainee mod

Ive not noticed till you mentioned it.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. A.plasterer

A.plasterer Private Member

Thought it was an add for C@A :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

I use the yellow 15ltr heavy duty builders buckets for water made by stadium which is also made by rhino. I've always used them and I think they are the best because they last forever! 26ltr flexi tub for washing the drill in and a 30ltr for knocking up in! :birra:

• Like Like x 1
  19. PFTwales

PFTwales Private Member

these are Tidy fish

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. spunky

spunky Private Member

f**k me 4 quid for a bucket you could buy 4 From bq for that

• Like Like x 1
  21. john simpson

john simpson Well-Known Member

Ah the old bucket dilemma , i usually wait till i have an order number from a builder , do some half decent ones in local merchants ;)
    like lighters though , when you work with other spreads you have to watch them or they will walk

22. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  23. owls

owls Private Member

Parex dpr buckets are ridulously robust as there designed to carry 30kg, we get that many we skip most of em.:sick:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. zombie

zombie Private Member

I've got to the stage in my plastering life when I hate buying anything at all for work now!

Even been known to double skin buckets with holes in when I really feel like tramping it!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  25. owls

owls Private Member

There speaks a Yorkshire man :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

Next time am in the UK. U have to come on the piss with us. @Vincey @Lodan @scottie5 @zolco. Might be even coming over here for a drink or 2 lol. U are more then welcome to come.:birra:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. zolco

zolco Private Member

f**k that, not another skimmer! :risas::birras:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. zolco

zolco Private Member

And @Tommy5 (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

oi!! and me!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I bet zombie is a good laugh you can tell

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I forgot my step ladders today so used my bucket to stand on on top of the hop up as the ceiling was higher than I remember

32. jamesthefirst

jamesthefirst Private Member

I have a few of the microgobetis buckets they are decent for a while.

33. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

couldnt do that with 99p buckets :D

34. Gibbo

Gibbo Private Member

Any chance you could send me some i sort you out for them

35. owls

owls Private Member

your 250 mile away otherwise you could, any postage cost would deem it pointless.