BRITISH GYPSUM DURA FINISH TRIAL

Formby plastering

Headed down to bg headquarters today with a few off the forum.
Really good day answered alot of questions about the scheme.. the guy who introduced the scheme was with us all day explaining were they want to go with things and and explained there will be alot of new products there working on that will excite the plastering community.
Not to sure who the lads were who came today are called on here but want to thank Alison for being a trooper towing me home hope you got back ok

Headed down to bg headquarters today with a few off the forum.
Really good day answered alot of questions about the scheme.. the guy who introduced the scheme was with us all day explaining were they want to go with things and and explained there will be alot of new products there working on that will excite the plastering community.
Not to sure who the lads were who came today are called on here but want to thank Alison for being a trooper towing me home hope you got back ok
Was there a guy taking loads of selfies?

What's new with the dura finish?.
It's been around for years have they changed it?.
I've got to be honest first time I've used it so only no it as it is now ...maybe one of the others can answer better.
I thought it was quite a weird material to spread at first reminded me of dri wall adhesive.. but after the second coat and a few passes enjoyed using it ... smoother finish than multi added benefits 60% stronger.. how did you find using it??

I've got to be honest first time I've used it so only no it as it is now ...maybe one of the others can answer better.
I thought it was quite a weird material to spread at first reminded me of dri wall adhesive.. but after the second coat and a few passes enjoyed using it ... smoother finish than multi added benefits 60% stronger.. how did you find using it??
How much does it cost?

I've been testing multifinish bags last couple of days. Tomorrow I'll be testing a karcher pressure washer to clean the driveway [emoji35].
4e41bf2b11a17c6d4996b9e6a6a980a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been testing multifinish bags last couple of days. Tomorrow I'll be testing a karcher pressure washer to clean the driveway [emoji35].
4e41bf2b11a17c6d4996b9e6a6a980a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That gtec joint cement is some gear, so easy to rub down.

Last edited:
Now if this does everything it says on the tin it will replace all the other finishes :) the description is very detailed I could of wrote it myself lol

used it a few times I thought it's a decent finish i found you need to get it on and flat fairly sharpish cause it quickly reaches a point where if it's not flat no amount of trowelling will knock it down.
I think mixing it then leaving it a few minutes then whisking it again before use makes a difference too.

Yeah I thought so too considering the spec of it.. you now that's one thing we didn't do.. he had samples of multi and dura finish together and the dura felt really smooth
Like Knauf MP finish?, that's like cream to spread it's great gear. Bit brittle tho in the fact it dints easily when dry

used it a few times I thought it's a decent finish i found you need to get it on and flat fairly sharpish cause it quickly reaches a point where if it's not flat no amount of trowelling will knock it down.
I think mixing it then leaving it a few minutes then whisking it again before use makes a difference too.
Yeah that's pretty much how he told us it should be used ... get it as flat as you can get them lines out soon as .. it's a good 3hr hit though.

Like Knauf MP finish?, that's like cream to spread it's great gear. Bit brittle tho in the fact it dints easily when dry
I've not used the mp finish before .. bg said they did a test with all the plasters
Mp finish was at the top second was dura finish.
They were doing a couple of tests on pure finish whilst we were there interesting material.

Now if this does everything it says on the tin it will replace all the other finishes :) the description is very detailed I could of wrote it myself lol
That's how they want us to bring it across to customers that it's the best material available to be honest I think it is.

Hey formby , how did you go about going down bg for the day,I would like a chance at the same day as iv never used this dura before,is it far from Liverpool bud?

Hey formby , how did you go about going down bg for the day,I would like a chance at the same day as iv never used this dura before,is it far from Liverpool bud?
Hello mate its part of the certified plasterers scheme they've started.. a couple of members are trialing the bags for them. It took me 2hrs 20mins to get there.
I know they do courses for most materials dry-lining systems if you have a quick look at the website :)

I only use it on boards not reskims as it slumps and hates suction it just tears and hard work
Yeah I get you.. I'd Definately recommend dura after yesterday though.
I didn't know this but bg own jewsons it makes sense because they seem to stock quite a good selection of bg materials.

Yeah I get you.. I'd Definately recommend dura after yesterday though.
I didn't know this but bg own jewsons it makes sense because they seem to stock quite a good selection of bg materials.
Yeah I found mp finish on jewsons website and tried to get some but turns out they don't stock knauf because they are owned by St gobain who own British gypsum I complained as what's the point having it on their website if they don't stock it ffs. I'm going to open an account at jewsons Southport as there's nothing here as b@q are shite and I'm pissed off driving round everywhere getting materials.

Yeah I found mp finish on jewsons website and tried to get some but turns out they don't stock knauf because they are owned by St gobain who own British gypsum I complained as what's the point having it on their website if they don't stock it ffs. I'm going to open an account at jewsons Southport as there's nothing here as b@q are shite and I'm pissed off driving round everywhere getting materials.
Sorry Marshy I got mixed up with mp and thistle spray is which one I meant.
I know what you mean it's frustrating isn't it ... where you from then I thought you were based somewhere like Chorley?

Sorry Marshy I got mixed up with mp and thistle spray is which one I meant.
I know what you mean it's frustrating isn't it ... where you from then I thought you were based somewhere like Chorley?
I moved to Mere Brow mate. Southport 10 mins away. I didn't like Chorley much but I like it here. Nice and quiet