Brick effect render.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Paul

If enough blokes wanted to do it, would you be interested in running a days training on brick effect render only ??
Different techniques colour tinting etc.

cool

Is this wallcrete or like webers own brick render system. Im hoping you can wallcrete in EIFS

Last edited:
Yer I know that the main manufactures do a brick system them selves, however these look no where near as good as the wallcrete stuff. What I'm trying to see is if wallcrete can be applied to insulation board and warranted in anyway.

Yer I know that the main manufactures do a brick system them selves, however these look no where near as good as the wallcrete stuff. What I'm trying to see is if wallcrete can be applied to insulation board and warranted in anyway.

About as much warranty as you would any of the other render manufacturers really, which is sweet fa

What ive seen of wallcrete it will stick to anything, its so highly modified, good gear.

Paul

If enough blokes wanted to do it, would you be interested in running a days training on brick effect render only ??

Different techniques colour tinting etc”. In principal I’m sure we at PICS and Warriorupnorth would be very happy to run such a day, assuming of course, that there is sufficient interest.

If anybody is interested, please call Clare on 01635-202224 and if there is the interest for a bespoke brick effect day, we will arrange it.
On a few occasions Warriorupnorth has offered opportunities for people to attend site when he is doing a brick effect render on real jobs. I’m not sure how many people have taken him up on his offer, but that would give anybody a really good insight into the brick effect render principle although the different colouring and tinting techniques would of course be limited since it would be for a paying customer and they may be fairly miffed if their wall looked like a patchwork quilt!!

Regarding CurrierPlastering post. Firstly, thank you (and lucius) for your positive comments. Secondly, regarding warranties. It is very difficult to give a warranty, but suffice to say Wallcrete was applied to 2 x (8’ x 4’) plyboard sheets 7 or 8 years ago and these 2 boards are still leaning up against the outside of our warehouse in Newbury.....and it’s all still stuck to the boards, despite them wobbling and bending in the wind and being transported in the back of our van on a dozen or so occasions over the years. So, what we can (truthfully) say is, assuming the product is applied in the correct way it will stay attached to a piece of 18mm ply if left outside for a period of at least 7 or 8 years and will still look great. The only bit that has failed is the bottom of the (non marine) ply, which has rotted at the bottom!

We would of course normally recommend Aquapanel type material, rather than just 18mm ply and of course a bit of mesh, but it gives a bench mark as to how Wallcrete can perform.

Photo attached.

CIMG9349 (768x1024).jpg

Paul

Different techniques colour tinting etc”. In principal I’m sure we at PICS and Warriorupnorth would be very happy to run such a day, assuming of course, that there is sufficient interest.

If anybody is interested, please call Clare on 01635-202224 and if there is the interest for a bespoke brick effect day, we will arrange it.
On a few occasions Warriorupnorth has offered opportunities for people to attend site when he is doing a brick effect render on real jobs. I’m not sure how many people have taken him up on his offer, but that would give anybody a really good insight into the brick effect render principle although the different colouring and tinting techniques would of course be limited since it would be for a paying customer and they may be fairly miffed if their wall looked like a patchwork quilt!!

Regarding CurrierPlastering post. Firstly, thank you (and lucius) for your positive comments. Secondly, regarding warranties. It is very difficult to give a warranty, but suffice to say Wallcrete was applied to 2 x (8’ x 4’) plyboard sheets 7 or 8 years ago and these 2 boards are still leaning up against the outside of our warehouse in Newbury.....and it’s all still stuck to the boards, despite them wobbling and bending in the wind and being transported in the back of our van on a dozen or so occasions over the years. So, what we can (truthfully) say is, assuming the product is applied in the correct way it will stay attached to a piece of 18mm ply if left outside for a period of at least 7 or 8 years and will still look great. The only bit that has failed is the bottom of the (non marine) ply, which has rotted at the bottom!

We would of course normally recommend Aquapanel type material, rather than just 18mm ply and of course a bit of mesh, but it gives a bench mark as to how Wallcrete can perform.

Photo attached. (The original pic was too large to upload but, having resized it, it seems that if you click on the small image below it will enlarge...)

View attachment 1293

Status
Not open for further replies.