1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Best plaster to use on old rendered walls?

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forums Information Guides' started by jimjim, Mar 31, 2017.

1. jimjim

jimjim New Member

Hi guys.
    Im on a job up in Stoke on Trent and weve got some old walls that need skimming.
    The walls are a really black type render. And no matter how much weve pvad them they are sucking soooo much and i have to keep splashing them with water to prevent cracking.
    I even floated one wall in browning another one with bonding another one with half and half boning and skim, then pvad and skimmed again and still getting the same problem. Client doesnt wanna buy stabiliser or hack back to brick and dot n dab even though ive mentioned its more cost effective.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx in advance.

2. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

Tell the client your the plasterer and you say how the job gets done. Your causing yourself more work to save him money, tell him to go jump

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arti

Arti Private Member

Sbr will control the suction better than pva if it's high suction. Then use a textured bonding agent for a good key

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jimjim

jimjim New Member