basecoat spatting

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
when spatting your base coat the second 2-3 pissy coat do you lads let it pull in a bit the spray with water then spat or spat as you go then sponge I'm using wetherby scrim adhesive at the mo they say spat straight away then leave it then sponge

I would spat but only wipe any lines out with a sponge not the whole surface as it can cause balling which is the surface getting a skin on it so you are only disrupting the material underneath

I would spat but only wipe any lines out with a sponge not the whole surface as it can cause balling which is the surface getting a skin on it so you are only disrupting the material underneath
do you spat straight away gibbo or wait a little bit

when spatting your base coat the second 2-3 pissy coat do you lads let it pull in a bit the spray with water then spat or spat as you go then sponge I'm using wetherby scrim adhesive at the mo they say spat straight away then leave it then sponge

thats how i was taught but johnny foreigner just spats leaves it a while by that i mean he goes for a dump then a fag gets a quick nap then spats again when it comes to top coat just before priming
its a quick scrape over with the trowel.

Spat, then sponge float later when it's starting to dry up a bit on and super flex it, gets it flat as f**k

won't that start tearing it Craig if you s*p*r*lex after sponging?
I know how you mean but I've not had any problems, sponge float whilst its still a little wet then super flex it, needs to be good timing though, I've tried a few methods and this was the best

Have also been told on the wetherby course it doesn't need any sponging and don't flatten too much but I guarantee it does need more than just a spatula