Banded lime render

Members online

Chris1988

hi all, just signed up. I'm just looking for some advice really, I do lime plastering. Mainly churches, farm houses etc. I've just done 60m2 banded lime render in London. The house is worth £200,000000 so the architect is really particular. He's asked me to sharpen up some of the edges of the bands but I don't really know the best way to do it. I've done banded a few times and it's always been signed off fine but he's not having it until I've sharpened the edges.

Any tips of how to do this would be great as I've got to go tomorrow and square it all up...

Cheers guys

Got any pics

I don't mate, I spoke to him today and he said some edges are quite sharp (I used battens because I haven't done much banded render) but some are inconsistent. I was just wondering if there was like a certain tool or so ring I can bodge together to help me get a sharper edge where needed.

I'm sure the restoration blokes use a carbon stone (not sure if that's what it's actually called)

I don't mate, I spoke to him today and he said some edges are quite sharp (I used battens because I haven't done much banded render) but some are inconsistent. I was just wondering if there was like a certain tool or so ring I can bodge together to help me get a sharper edge where needed.
Think ur fu cked mate, need a bit of toupret :LOL:

Just tell the architect you've done it, most of the time there chatting s**t anyway. He'll probably say oh yes that looks much better

£200,000000 it's on grovesnor square... 6 floors, 2 swimming pools, elevator.... everything. To rent a house round there can cost up to £10,000 a week!
Fair dos I thought the most expensive house was recently sold at 140 mil that wasn't on the open market.
It isn't a fella called Paul clamp that owns it......is it?

A silicone carbide stone will prob work as well just gan canny, these and carbarundum work well on sandstone so may get you out the sheite.

A silicone carbide stone will prob work as well just gan canny, these and carbarundum work well on sandstone so may get you out the sheite.
When I done restoration work on the German embassy in London the blokes there always ran over the work with one to sharpen edges at times I was like that looks good as it is but the final touches they did made all the difference learnt a hell of a lot about sand and cement on that job and was good to watch and see and do it a different way

When I done restoration work on the German embassy in London the blokes there always ran over the work with one to sharpen edges at times I was like that looks good as it is but the final touches they did made all the difference learnt a hell of a lot about sand and cement on that job and was good to watch and see and do it a different way
What did u learn then? Share the love brother

What did u learn then? Share the love brother
Small things like don't rule off straight away put on let top firm up then rule off and rub up as you go it's hard to get your head round at first but does work and stuff like over bad brick work put sharp sand in your scratch coat also how to do free hand corners and reverse the timbers,using masons pegs as well to keep timber up on corners

Fair dos I thought the most expensive house was recently sold at 140 mil that wasn't on the open market.
It isn't a fella called Paul clamp that owns it......is it?

No mate, French Canadian woman... 1 of 9 she owns in London. She collects art and antiques for her hobby. The money is crazy!!!

Small things like don't rule off straight away put on let top firm up then rule off and rub up as you go it's hard to get your head round at first but does work and stuff like over bad brick work put sharp sand in your scratch coat also how to do free hand corners and reverse the timbers,using masons pegs as well to keep timber up on corners
sounds like the norm to me

Alright guys.... went back snagged it. Sharpend up some of the edges. Just waiting (still) for the architect to come and have another look. This is how it looks so far.

Hopefully it will get signed off this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 230