Back gone again

Members online

Loads of good advice amid the banter.
As a sufferer I can tell you that the nhs physio I saw was shite.
Many osteopath visits were ....well ....less than brilliant but worked a bit short term.
Found a chiropractor that dealt with rugby players......boom....all good.
I also favour stretching......yoga stretches on yoootooob are plentiful and very good....hold positions as long as you can for best results.
Then there’s the gym.......deadlifts, squats and my favourites...kettlebells...all to strengthen the back muscles (there’s loads we over use and some we barely use)..a strong back doesn’t ache.
Good luck @Pagey .
Kettlebells are great the kettlebell swing is a great all rounder, I’m training regularly now and I’m loving it. Need to do more stretching though especially after a heavy squatting session, ouch

Whatever pain you have take it seriously.
15 years ago I was trying to board ceilings with a prolapsed disc...ended up having to have the disc taken out.
No fun!

Nah had that before it’s more I ain’t a mobile cont like I used to be or just getting older
Hands overhead @Pagey........hold a broomstick as far apart as your arms will let you.....try to let the broomstick go down your back to touch your arse....goood for shoulder mobility! Then, still holding broomstick overhead, bend from waist side to side........hold the stretch.....gradually you will get more mobile....I have, and I’ve a few years on you.

Hands overhead @Pagey........hold a broomstick as far apart as your arms will let you.....try to let the broomstick go down your back to touch your arse....goood for shoulder mobility! Then, still holding broomstick overhead, bend from waist side to side........hold the stretch.....gradually you will get more mobile....I have, and I’ve a few years on you.
So bend over and touch your bum with a broomstick? o_O :LOL:

Chiropractor can often help. I've had problems with one of my shoulders being slightly lower than the other. Not in pain as such, just feel a bit twisted...not bitter though. Went for first session and shoulders re-aligned and walked out on a cushion of air, worth every penny. Another thing to consider is diet. Boring perhaps, but eating really clean helps a lot.

Chiropractor can often help. I've had problems with one of my shoulders being slightly lower than the other. Not in pain as such, just feel a bit twisted...not bitter though. Went for first session and shoulders re-aligned and walked out on a cushion of air, worth every penny. Another thing to consider is diet. Boring perhaps, but eating really clean helps a lot.
Good sturdy shoes or boots as well. If you're on ladders or srilts all day it can play havoc with your back.

Get a decent memory foam mattress. That's a must! Nothing will mess your back up more than a poor bed

A decent bed and decent shoes :D
I used to get a bad pack while stood at the bar on a Saturday night. Happened week after week! Turns out it was the worn shoe heals on my best night club outfit... It caused bad posture. Changed shoes and no problems.. Like you said good shoes. Good bed. Back support and don't do anything stupid like lift 50kg +

at 33 I’m starting to get a few aches and pains my back first went around 2 years ago and doing of all things tying up my boots in the morning was pure agony obviously the people I was working with at the time gave no sympathy and said welcome to the club was going football today reached in cupboard to get my trainers and about half way down my back to the left side of my spine I felt it really stretch like an elastic band and now in agony and didn’t go football,so what I’m asking is from you older lads any supplements I could take any signs to look out for ect as this has come from no where and it’s like a constant ache and feel a bit rusty lucky I wasn’t moving a bit quicker as I reckon I would be proper In agony

I have this EXACT problem. In that EXACT place.

Every now and again I go on a fitness bender and as I get fitter the workload increases, then pop. And I can't do fcuk all. Or at least, I couldn't.

The problem is caused by an imbalance in how workloads are distributed around your muscles. If you aren't supple enough or your technique is wrong then the wrong muscle can end up doing the wrong job, and then you're in bits.

For immediate relief today, get a tennis ball and get in the bath with the ball under the sore bit.

Then get to a sports physio. They cost about £50, but you'll only need to see them once. They will assess your locomotion and what's wrong with it, recommending stretches, strengthening exercises and proper lifting techniques.

Or you can see if Elliott can help. He knows his s**t inside out.... the problem is that he doesn't know YOUR s**t inside out, so really you should see the Physio.

There’s nothing wrong with my locomotion!

L******n ....pfft.

Never speak of this L******n again or I'll nail your turban to your head.

Real Men do the Timewarp.

In certain circumstances, it is acceptable to perform YMCA with trusted male colleagues. This is particularly popular with the Royal Marines who'd go to war in drag if you let them.

When ladies are present, they will be mightily impressed with a man who knows his Cha Cha Slide.

Of course, you're Next Level if you hit 40 and can Gangnam Style.

Such Men should keep the company of ladies who can twerk.

Last edited: