Asbestos in wall?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep2011

Hi there

I was doing some renovation and I have been drilling this wall. I read around that plasterboard may contain asbestos. My plasterboard seems to be screwed into the walls. I'm not sure if it's safe...

Anyway I removed the skirting board. You can see the plasterboard painted white and the sort of greyish rubble-like material used in the wall behind the plasterboard.

This grey material seemed fine however I noticed little fibres in a few of the bits. They're black in colour. Is this sort of material a suspect asbestos? I'm quite worried now! Or is it just rubble. Does it look safe?

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Dunno from the pictures. how long are the fibres? Asbestos fibres are very small, does it look like a sheet material or does it look like render?

It looks like rubble binded together. The reason I thought it was plasterboard is because around the house the walls have little screws holding them in...

photo.jpg

As I say the fibres did burn so I'm hoping it's not asbestos (and this seems to confirm it a little).

To me it looks like you've cut open your pet snake, trying to recover you concrete paper weight whilst your missus has been having a trim up.

Thanks for all of the replies

I saw the fibres & immediately thought the worst. Glad to have my mind put to rest now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.