Aquapanel

Members online

Maester

I need to fix aquapanel in a walk in shower enclosure area. Is there any other way to fix them to the wall apart from batten or metal stud? Space is at a premium. Thanks

I need to fix aquapanel in a walk in shower enclosure area. Is there any other way to fix them to the wall apart from batten or metal stud? Space is at a premium. Thanks

Hello mate

I am Richard Lord the Aquapanel Technical Manager from Knauf

Drop me a mail to rlord@knauf.co.uk and I will try to assist with a solution for you

There is some guidance for bonding Aquapanel Interior to an existing wall, I am awaiting formal documentation from the Knauf Aquapanel HO in Germany, then hope to post these details

Good Luck
Richard Lord
Knauf

i remember using aquapanel for the first time when i was starting out. was so baffled when the customer rang me to say the skim was shelling off..... :rayos::rayos::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::inocente:

Thanks for the responses. Because it needs to be done soon the Ardex solution is a good one for me straight away. I will look forward to Knaufs comments as well. I know not to use drywall adhesive but I had thought perhaps the non expanding foam that is available for boards?

Thanks for the responses. Because it needs to be done soon the Ardex solution is a good one for me straight away. I will look forward to Knaufs comments as well. I know not to use drywall adhesive but I had thought perhaps the non expanding foam that is available for boards?
Dry zone do a waterproof adhesive in tubes but you would need one of their guns. It's very very sticky stuff but brilliant and sticks even foil back boards. Also you don't get any damp tracking through the boards like you would using a gypsum based adhesive.

Stuck it with msp before. Stuff ain't going nowhere. (Like a white silicone.)

I think it was sika or everbuild.

I would use betakontakt on the back then dab as long as the wall had a cavity.
How much is a tube of the dryzone @Marshy?
Not sure around £10 depending how many you buy etc but will 1 and half 8x4's (so the bloke said at the training day)?? We got the usual the more you buy the cheaper it is spiel

Yeah, stands for ms polymer I think. On the spec they guaranteed the gear would be 25 years on there. Smelled like mint toothpaste, mucked about with it (and done loads of testing and fixing etc), gear smashed all sticks like sh*t, silicone, and ultimate grab adhesives.

Haven't seen it around recently and the supplier I got it off doesn't do it now.

The nearest thing I've found readily available that's similar was the gorilla adhesive.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...WDDcAKHaMTAOAQ_AUIBSgA&biw=1024&bih=658&dpr=1