Anyone wear gloves?

Members online

Tinytom

But of a G** question I know but for the first time ever this year (I’m 32) as the weather is starting to turn my hands are dry and chapped to f**k all knuckles cracking and their starting to look like my old mans with dermatitus.
Does anyone wear gloves? Never really wore them especially not for internal works but I’m going to have to do something this year.

But of a G** question I know but for the first time ever this year (I’m 32) as the weather is starting to turn my hands are dry and chapped to f**k all knuckles cracking and their starting to look like my old mans with dermatitus.
Does anyone wear gloves? Never really wore them especially not for internal works but I’m going to have to do something this year.
I get the tornado gloves that are tight fitting get a box of 10 for about £11 fckin love em me an no it's not G** you should look after your hands

I tried to get on them, was alright doin outsides but tbh i prefer not wearing them. Had heard, don't know what truth there is to it, but plastering day in say out with gloves can lead to more chance of elbow problems, due to different grip with and without gloves. Could be horse s**t though.

I tried to get on them, was alright doin outsides but tbh i prefer not wearing them. Had heard, don't know what truth there is to it, but plastering day in say out with gloves can lead to more chance of elbow problems, due to different grip with and without gloves. Could be horse s**t though.
I can see where the thought behind that is, suppose you’d have to grip harder to stop the trowel spinning in the glove might bring my tennis elbow back on. I’m going to give them a go though. @madmonk what’s the tornado gloves? Can you pick them up at merchants?

I use cheap nylon work gloves off ebay 24 pairs for about 50p each. After a week of wearing them you dont know you have them on.

Sometimes I use disposable latex gloves day in day out, sometimes couldn't sell me a box if it would come with a free pallet of unifinish

I can see where the thought behind that is, suppose you’d have to grip harder to stop the trowel spinning in the glove might bring my tennis elbow back on. I’m going to give them a go though. @madmonk what’s the tornado gloves? Can you pick them up at merchants?
I think that's supposed be the logic behind it, again, might not be true. If it's annoying ur hands try it out, definitely. This time of years tends to dry the hands more than normal too. I had got into them for the samd cement work, had cheap think nylon ones think was 26 for about 12quid,something like that, not lasted a few days but at that price it's OK, thin enough etc. Didn't like em on skimming and got out the way of wearing them.

I do I picked these gloves up from crappy b and q of all places , really nice
161CEF67-2EE9-4E91-8F35-B93D38CA1509.png

I get em from Costco mate

Your skin is one organ. I suffer terrible and in pain most days as my skin is cracking up. I get trouble on my feet to with scabs forming and on my elbows. Dermatitis spreads around the skin. Rub moisturiser on all the time. I use Epaderm as it can be used as a soap so you wash your hands, shower ect with it and use as a standard moisturiser day to day. Takes a while to soke in so can be a bit slippy so wipe off the front of your hands at work. I apply every few hours 24/7. It's probably the best one and what a dermatologist would recommend you. They did me. I can't get on with gloves. Many can't

Don’t suffer really from dry skin . Though last year was first time my hands were just to cold on site so wore gloves. Found it hard and still couldn’t feel me fingers. Anyway ,me hand were cold other day so I put these thin ones on that were other kids and they were mint .warm and could still hold trowel as I do with out . Only prob is there from factory he used to work at so we only got one pair

Can’t wear gloves even though I should have a few weeks ago with some acrylic finish.A wooden handle trowel and a good spit does the job.

I use cheap nylon work gloves off ebay 24 pairs for about 50p each. After a week of wearing them you dont know you have them on.

That's because they'll have fallen off after a week, same as a tramps socks.

So indeed you won't be wearing them.

Only wear glove when rubbing up s&c fine down coat , forgot to put back on after a brew in winter few years back and skin in finger burned down to bone cos of lime n grit.

Good Lord what has it come to when plasterers are talking hand cream and gloves FFS.

If you're all millenials then forgive me...I know what your generation is like.

We’re in business now. Might wear em when fingering our lass tonight lol

Attachments

• 881C83EA-AB4E-4D0E-A7B4-2C84771EDF8F.jpeg
    881C83EA-AB4E-4D0E-A7B4-2C84771EDF8F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 256
I nicked a tub of Barrier Cream off a big site years ago use it every day would recommend it along side 50p nylon ones from ebay.
My grubby dick beaters are lovely and soft.:LOL:

Stanley knife...rookie error while I was busy thinking of how to annoy the lad I work with.
Just a few butterfly stitches and all done no nerve damage.
Work as usual...
Think we've all done it? Complacency :(
I sometimes have a blunder week,,cutting my finger,bashing my thumb,banging my head,cutting my finger again,:frenetico: