Advice on SLC and primer choice for Epoxy Resin Floor?

LouH

Non plasterer here asking for advice...

I'm currently researching putting a DIY epoxy resin floor in a 2 room basement for a small commercial kitchen, approx 40m2. Seems a much better option than vinyl safety flooring which doesn't last as long and accumulates dirt in the welds. Need it all in ASAP so only looking at fast-cure options.

The current subfloor is a bit of a mess:

- Badly installed plastic DPM and solid concrete pad (good condition) in one room with some damp issues in one corner where the plastic hasn't been run up the wall (below ground on this side).
- Concrete with (as far as I can tell) no DMP in second room, poured in several sections with some damp coming up in between sections (street level this side). Runs out of level in places by approx 15mm.
- Screeds in various states of delamination, thicknesses, types and colours all over the shop.

I've taken up all the delaminated screeds myself and they look like a primer wasn't used on some of them. The damp walls in the back room have also been battened out to leave an air gap, covered with plastic sheeting and boarded.

So far I've arrived at this and would welcome advice / feedback:

- Use a liquid DPM primer on the damp areas and up the walls a bit
- Seal floors to walls using a coving mortar mix like Permaseal Fillet Seal
- Prime subfloor
- Self levelling compound over entire cleaned and primed subfloor, between 3mm and 15mm
- Liquid epoxy DPM primer over SLC and up coving
- Epoxy resin floor paint

1: Have I got the above in a sensible order? Missed anything?
2: What should I use to prime the subfloor before applying the SLC? SBR type or liquid DPM again?
3: Can you suggest a decent SLC that is cementitious (so it does't delaminate from the subfloor again) and fast curing that's suitable to go below a resin paint?

Attachments

• Frame.jpeg
    Frame.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7663 copy.jpg
    IMG_7663 copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7664 copy.jpg
    IMG_7664 copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Non plasterer here asking for advice...

I'm currently researching putting a DIY epoxy resin floor in a 2 room basement for a small commercial kitchen, approx 40m2. Seems a much better option than vinyl safety flooring which doesn't last as long and accumulates dirt in the welds. Need it all in ASAP so only looking at fast-cure options.

The current subfloor is a bit of a mess:

- Badly installed plastic DPM and solid concrete pad (good condition) in one room with some damp issues in one corner where the plastic hasn't been run up the wall (below ground on this side).
- Concrete with (as far as I can tell) no DMP in second room, poured in several sections with some damp coming up in between sections (street level this side). Runs out of level in places by approx 15mm.
- Screeds in various states of delamination, thicknesses, types and colours all over the shop.

I've taken up all the delaminated screeds myself and they look like a primer wasn't used on some of them. The damp walls in the back room have also been battened out to leave an air gap, covered with plastic sheeting and boarded.

So far I've arrived at this and would welcome advice / feedback:

- Use a liquid DPM primer on the damp areas and up the walls a bit
- Seal floors to walls using a coving mortar mix like Permaseal Fillet Seal
- Prime subfloor
- Self levelling compound over entire cleaned and primed subfloor, between 3mm and 15mm
- Liquid epoxy DPM primer over SLC and up coving
- Epoxy resin floor paint

1: Have I got the above in a sensible order? Missed anything?
2: What should I use to prime the subfloor before applying the SLC? SBR type or liquid DPM again?
3: Can you suggest a decent SLC that is cementitious (so it does't delaminate from the subfloor again) and fast curing that's suitable to go below a resin paint?
@Casper

Remove the screed completely and apply a Synthaproofe membrane. then lay new screed.