Advice on new build

Members online

KAT

Have just moved in to new build and rough cast has lots of bare patches and shell dash is continually falling off. Builder has accepted this needs to be put right but they are suggesting a 12mm overcoat. I would prefer it hacked off as I don't want a 12mm overhang especially as their is a string of precast stone at rhe base which is currently flush with the rough cast. Builder trying to force me to accept overcoat with horror stories of hacking it off - may void warranty on house, may cause so much damage to block work they will need to take it all down etc, etc.
Most I speak to say to stick to my guns and have them take it off - professional advice sought please guys.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] tell the builder if it affects the warranty or the house falls down he's the prick that done it wrong in the first place so he's liable for that to! See what he says to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you not see it before you bought it?.
I saw the house 3 days before we exchanged as they kept putting back the date of handover. Noticed some minor patching around a patio door which I was told would be rectified. First noticed it shelling off in places after a week. Once builder put up scaffold I got to take a closer look and can see more bare patches now I can get closer.

I saw the house 3 days before we exchanged as they kept putting back the date of handover. Noticed some minor patching around a patio door which I was told would be rectified. First noticed it shelling off in places after a week. Once builder put up scaffold I got to take a closer look and can see more bare patches now I can get closer.
Fair enough,it will have to come off.