adverts

Staff online

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

what are people's views on putting adverts around.
i was always told that if u r a good enough plasterer u should not have to advertise.
i have had the cards but to be honest i wouldn't advertise in the local paper as i think word of mouth is the way to go about gettin jobs.
discuss.

i suppose you have a point however this is plastering...its a 1 hit game, no more than a couple of weeks worth of work at a time usually, this means a high turnover of customers...
thing is, theoretically, if your customers all turn out to be billy no mates then youre, how does danny put it? thingied..
I would say if you get 50% w.o.m. and the other off the advert your doin ok...
if you get no w.o.m. your probably crap at it and should get into something else
my advert costs £58 per month and if it gets 1 job its paid for itself...

Try yellow pages mate for a small line its free and you get your number on yell.com. But be warned you will get a lot of people calling about a little patch that is hardly worth your diesel getting there and looking at the job.

i usually charge 100 quid minimum, plastering has still got to set so whether its 1m2 or 20 m2 its still 1 set... if its just that they cant be arsed to get the polyfilla out thats their problem.. :)

Totally agree we have minimum charge of £150 for the same reason. Do any of you ever use a dirty coat with multi to save time standing about when its a small area.

yes mate done this loads of time,also remixed up plaster that is on the turn to get a job done
Totally agree we have minimum charge of £150 for the same reason. Do any of you ever use a dirty coat with multi to save time standing about when its a small area.

Magnetic signs on the side of my van cost £70.00, got me £4000.00 of work over 2 years. Rest is word of mouth. £150.00 call out and dirty mix for small jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.