advertising

Members online

johnnyboy88

Hi been working with my dad for the past 5 years .
Starting out on my own now and was thinking about advertising .
Been looking at sites like check a trade and trust a trade are these really worth the money or not . Or should I carry on building up from my dad's contacts a d word of mouth many thanks

They reckon there's no such thing as bad publicity, but well.........all these sites have their place, many many clients do use them, as not everyone (despite popular rumour), has a brother-in-law in the trade. @plasterman might be able to tell you more. Me, I just work on word of mouth.

Invest in a good website, mines brought in some lovely work these past few months. @Danny did mine . Lots of other things you can do

Thanks for the replays . Did have a call today from one of these company's . They wanted about £1000 seams abit much . Will carry on with word of mouth for the min

Mybuilder.com is awsome been keeping me fully booked since May

Mybuilder.com is awsome been keeping me fully booked since May
Do you just try keep a couple weeks in front? Reason I came off yell.com was had people ringing up and there literally wanted me to price it that nite and doing that week or there just got another numpty in..

Do you just try keep a couple weeks in front? Reason I came off yell.com was had people ringing up and there literally wanted me to price it that nite and doing that week or there just got another numpty in..
No mate, im booked till a couple of days before december, not all my builder but about 60%...the initial contact is free and I always put my first availibity and a rough price, that way if the want it done yesterday for £70 they never reply and dont cost anything