A Tour Of The Plasterers Forum

Members online

Hi,

I am trying to find an alternative to Parex...is there one? It is for external rendering.

Many thanks

D.
Parex is a good product, easy to use, of good quality and a reasonable price. Weber is a good product but costs 50 percent more.
Killseran is pretty good to use though only used it once and the newer k rend I haven't used so can't comment but people saying it's better than before.

Hi all,

New to this forum so please go easy on me, I'm looking for your professional advice/ opinions on my situation.

I have many years exp in the building trade and did a 5 year apprenticeship and then went on to work for several different company's. Cutting a long story short I was forced to set up on my own during the recession and wasn't really prepared for it. I couldn't afford to advertise, Got odd job coming in but no where near enough to keep me going So I decided to take a job with an electrical generation company working in the control room. I earn 25k a year but miss the building trade and using the skills I was trained in. I'm thinking of setting up again this year doing bathrooms, kitchens, tiling and plastering but I'm worried i won't earn the same as I am doing now, I have a young family and a mortgage to consider so any help on this subject would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Danny

Hi all,

New to this forum so please go easy on me, I'm looking for your professional advice/ opinions on my situation.

I have many years exp in the building trade and did a 5 year apprenticeship and then went on to work for several different company's. Cutting a long story short I was forced to set up on my own during the recession and wasn't really prepared for it. I couldn't afford to advertise, Got odd job coming in but no where near enough to keep me going So I decided to take a job with an electrical generation company working in the control room. I earn 25k a year but miss the building trade and using the skills I was trained in. I'm thinking of setting up again this year doing bathrooms, kitchens, tiling and plastering but I'm worried i won't earn the same as I am doing now, I have a young family and a mortgage to consider so any help on this subject would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Danny
Try making a start as a second job alongside your existing job, so you will still have something to fall back on if things dry up.

Thanks for reply,

I have tried this approach before but wasn't as motivated to get work because it was on my weekends off. I feel as though I never committed 100% because I didn't need to. I was thinking of saving a couple months wages to cover my initial start up then just throwing everything at it , all or nothing approach kind of thing.

I met an older woman at a bar last night. She looked pretty good for a 60-year-old. In fact, she wasn't too bad at all, and I found myself thinking she probably had a really hot daughter. We drank a couple of beers, and she asked if I'd ever had a Sportsman's Double? 'What's that? I asked. 'It's a mother and daughter threesome,' she said. As my mind began to embrace the idea, and I wondered what her daughter might look like, I said, 'No, I haven't.' We drank a bit more, then she said with a wink, 'tonight's your lucky night'. We went back to her place. We walked in. She put on the hall light and shouted upstairs: 'Mom...you still awake?'

Is it possible to upload videos from my phone when posting? Which button do we have to select ? Any links ?
Thanks

I answered more questions on here than that heavy weight boxer last night but when I ask one it's like asking Donald Trump ffs

Last edited:
you can do it using tapatalk :D
Danny can I ask mate , if I use tapatalk it is then possible to upload videos from my phone on threads like the upload button for pictures? But I won’t be able to use the like and agree buttons etc if not using tapatalk?

Danny can I ask mate , if I use tapatalk it is then possible to upload videos from my phone on threads like the upload button for pictures? But I won’t be able to use the like and agree buttons etc if not using tapatalk?

yes you can upload videos

and no the support for like and dislike is not supported for tapatalk

got 9000 users using tapatalk now :D

yes you can upload videos

and no the support for like and dislike is not supported for tapatalk

got 9000 users using tapatalk now :D
Thanks I’m gonna swap to tapatalk video uploads are loads better than pictures but tbh I’ll miss the buttons ☹️