a question on parex parinter and a lumpy painted pebbledash

iainadams

Hi all

I have a pebbledash on a 1920's house with fairly large pebbles and years of paint on it. The paint is tired but not flaky. There are numerous cracks and repair patches but on the whole the dash itself is solid, although it definitely needs some love. I can of course hack it all off but the impact damage is obvious and you never know how much damage you will do doing so. I had been advised the modern answer would involve either spot scabbling the paint and dash back - it was suggested five 6 inch patches per m2 would suffice and then slurry, fixed stainless eml, scratch and top coat rub up ...

OR

use a thick layer of Parex Parinter to flatten the dash, push in the Parex plastic mesh and then the Parex coloured topcoat.

Any thoughts? The old thinking is hack it all off but is it now better to go over a painted dash?

Cheers all

if you don't hack off you are going to increase the weight. you should be able to hack off the dash coat as the butter coat to receive the dash is usually a weak mix.
if you get back to the scratch coat i would rend aid and mesh to receive top coat.
rib lath or eml is not up to the job as it will expand in temp. change and crack you render.