2 week City & Gulids course but is actually a 2 day?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilgrim87

Hi I've recently applied for a UNIT - City & Guilds 2 week plastering skills course at my local college in Plymouth but the course is actually 2 Saturdays so only 2 days!! And costs £200??!!
Please could I have some advice if this is actually worth doing? Is this qualification going to benefit in anyway as a plasterer? Issue being I haven't been able to find any plasterers that are willing for me to shadow them for awhile I don't want to be payed for it just want to learn off the pros so hence why I'm contemplating doing this course for thatbit of experiance :RpS_crying:

Really greatful for any advice :)

Welcome pilgrim..........have you got experteese's in cheese's like on the advert??
I think you can probably work out that you cant learn much in two days. Stick to cheese pilgrim................:RpS_thumbup:

200 quid!! For 2 days! You will gain nowt mate, you would learn more watchin a plasterin DVD to be honest

not worth doin pal put a post on here asking if any1 round youre areas willing to take ya on for free labour in return for learning their skills or phone all the plasterers in ya local paper the may even pay ya if ya show willing to learn and work hard,2 day courses are a waste of money.plasterers are always learning sumat new,leang off a good plasterers is worth its weight in gold buddy

not worth doin pal put a post on here asking if any1 round youre areas willing to take ya on for free labour in return for learning their skills or phone all the plasterers in ya local paper the may even pay ya if ya show willing to learn and work hard,2 day courses are a waste of money.plasterers are always learning sumat new,leang off a good plasterers is worth its weight in gold buddy
Damo is right there :RpS_thumbup:

You won't get a plasterer to take you on and teach you straight away and it takes years not days to learn, you need a reality check mate

You won't get a plasterer to take you on and teach you straight away and it takes years not days to learn, you need a reality check mate

He wants to learn plastering not chess, spunky..............:RpS_biggrin:

: ) wow took me a 4 year apprenticeship. not sure what you would learn in 2 days, maybe taking the plaster off the handboard! good luck anyhow

its too easy setting up these courses nowadays theres a course for everything too many people making a fortune out of them the goverment needs t crack down on them effing hell ive been a plasterer gor 30 years and im still learning new things them companys boil my pxiss.i bet the guy who runs the course has only been on a 2 week course go down and kick his head in

I was laughing about some NVQ assesor.. nobhead was proud as **** that he had a full 7 years plastering experience...WTF... short courses like this bollox all plasterers up, its not the peoples fault doing them, its the T***s running them...

I was laughing about some NVQ assesor.. nobhead was proud as **** that he had a full 7 years plastering experience...WTF... short courses like this bollox all plasterers up, its not the peoples fault doing them, its the T***s running them...

He probably has a hand Board as well as the T***s that pass through his coarse as plasterers

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Thing is mate who wants to train the competition? I had a lad start two months ago and on the first day he said he wants me to teach him everything about running a business so he can put his own van on the road next year. He never got a second day.

My course was 2 days mt, thats all you need to become a plasterer, the reason you took so long to learn is you were taught with a hawk instead of a handboard.

My course was 2 days mt, thats all you need to become a plasterer, the reason you took so long to learn is you were taught with a hawk instead of a handboard.

Good come back kebab king ,I never thought of that

Status
Not open for further replies.