15 years a newbie

John j

Mono Don
Been in game now 15 year . Always get told I.m a fantastic plasterer but I say I.m good but I know a few better but allot worse . Anyway thought I new bout everything but since joining here feel like I know f**k all . Speedskims durafinish. sponge floats . Never heard of these before and now feel I need training up again . .. Does this make me swing more to old school then new school . Can you really get a finish with these new toys like ye can we a good old fashioned 13inch steel trowel

Been in game now 15 year . Always get told I.m a fantastic plasterer but I say I.m good but I know a few better but allot worse . Anyway thought I new bout everything but since joining here feel like I know f**k all . Speedskims durafinish. sponge floats . Never heard of these before and now feel I need training up again . .. Does this make me swing more to old school then new school . Can you really get a finish with these new toys like ye can we a good old fashioned 13inch steel trowel

Exactly how I felt when I joined. Tried alot of these new things and there great to a degree the best thing I've done is swap the nelaflex 2 for the final trowel........ And hold off putting the second coat on till first coat has pulled in a bit.

Been plastering 10 years..... fell out of love for it a bit then bought the ox ultraflex and a plaziflex to try. Great bits of kit. Make life so much easier. Plaziflex flattens in lovely and ultraflex on the last go. Back in love again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully be retired by then..... just waiting for those lotto numbers to come up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plastering is fits and starts for me have months where I love it and months where I can't stand it and go through motions

"A flat, Matt finish to take paint"....... that's the goal. Any way that can be achieved consistently is fine by me.
Easier is sometimes not better, but as long as it's not worse............